Sunday, May 1, 2011

Special Assignment - Metaphors

1. Why did you miss the metaphor in Tom Johnson's post, or, if you "hit the nail on the head", why do you think you understood the metaphor and why do you think that others in the class missed the metaphor?
2. What metaphors have you encountered since I asked you to create a log of them?
3. What other things can we do as educators to help our students to understand and to use metaphors?
4. Why do we use metaphors?

1. I understood that it was a metaphor and I kind of answered with a metaphor. I am just not sure I completely understood it. And I don’t think anyone understood my response.

2. always a bridesmaid, never the bride
bells and whistles
blood is thicker than water
cool as a cucumber
costs an arm and a leg
to drink like a fish
sour grapes
to fight tooth and nail

3. I think Metaphors are as hard to understand. But they are an important part of our language. Students need to be able to recognize metaphors and how they are used in our daily language.
4. I love metaphors. I think they add a color to everything. Metaphors make people think. They add a twist to an ordinary conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment